I’m getting back onto those tags! I’ve really missed doing them!
And what better way to start again, than with one of my current favourite book tags going around BookTube and Book blogs…
The Totally Should’ve Tag
(Originally created by Emma @ emmmabooks)
Thanks so much to Nikolieolieoh for tagging me!
1. Totally should’ve gotten a sequel.
– I would go for Vicious by V.E. Scwab, but apparently there is going to be a Book 2 now anyway, so YAY for book sequels to amazing books! On another note, where is book 3 of the Archived!!?? That needs to happen please!
2. Totally should’ve had a spin off series.
– I would love a spin off series for so many book series, but I think most of you will join me in dying for one for the Hunger Games. It could literally be about any other character… (*internally chants ‘Haymitch, Haymitch, Haymitch’*).
3. An author who totally should write more books.
– Laini Taylor. But she’s got a new one coming out this year, so I guess I’ll have to let her off! Erin Morgenstern (author of the Night Circus – my favourite standalone novel) on the other hand, is not yet off the hook! How long has it been since the Night Circus!? (The answer is too long!)
4. A character who totally should’ve ended up with someone else.
– Alina from the Grisha trilogy. I understand why she ended up with who she did, but I was really hoping for any other person to end up with her!
5. Totally should’ve ended differently.
– Confess by Colleen Hoover! That ending seriously aggravated me!
6. Totally should’ve had a movie franchise.
– The Archived (again)! That would make such a great movie series!!
7. Totally should’ve had a TV show.
– The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. I think that series would make an amazing animated TV series! Also the Chronicles of Ixia by Maria V. Snyder, I think, would make an amazing TV series – the first book especially!
8. Totally should’ve had only one point of view.
– Rook by Sharon Cameron. At least my memory tells me that book had multiple perspectives?
9. Totally should have a cover change.
– The Under the Never Sky trilogy by Veronica Rossi deserves much more beautiful covers!
10. Totally should’ve kept the original covers.
– ACROSS THE UNIVERSE by Beth Revis. Those original covers were so beautiful and then the third book came out like this…
Luckily in the UK we got this…
So I think we lucked out a bit there!
11. Totally should’ve stopped at book one.
– Delirium by Lauren Oliver. I adored that book when I read it (so long ago now!). The second book I found okay, but unnecessary, and the final book I really didn’t like. It could have definitely finished after the first book, and I would have come away with a much better feeling about it!
Jeannette @ thebookcubby
Cristina @ tinyobsessions
Demmi @ wordsandlyricss