Thank you Amorous Reads for nominating me for a Liebster Award! I’ve seen a few of these badges around on blogs and wondered what the award was for. For those who don’t know it is an award given to blogs with less than 200 followers, as a way of bringing the blogging community together and spreading a bit of love!
1) Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award
2) Answer the 11 questions the blogger gave you
3) Give 11 random facts about yourself
4) Nominate 11 blogs you think are deserving of the award
5) Let the bloggers know you have nominated them
6) Give them 11 questions to answer
Amorous Reads’ questions…
1. What are the top three books on your TBR pile?
– The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson (Mistborn book 2), This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald, and The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien.
2. When is your favorite time to read?
– Lately it has been just before bed and in car journeys because that has been the only free time I have really had! But generally, I like to read a book from start to finish, in as short a period of time as possible, so I like to start in the morning and finish that night. So I would designate a whole day to reading. I’m hoping now that I have a free couple of months, I can do this again.
3. What is your favorite type of vacation book?
– I don’t usually have certain types of books I like to read at certain times; generally sticking with fantasy! However, I do often like to read new authors over the summer holidays (It’s been Brandon Sanderson so far this summer), and start new series.
4. If you could be close friends with any author, who would it be?
– F. Scott Fitzgerald would be the dream author friend! Out of ones that are alive though, I would probably say Sarah J. Maas or Victoria Schwab, who are both fantastic authors, in the hopes of a few hints for future books *crosses fingers*.
5. What is your favorite book read in 2015?
– A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas has obliterated the rest of the list so far this year. I really struggled to read anything else for a while after because it couldn’t live up to how great that book was! I’m absolutely dying for book 2!!!
6. What is your least favourite book read in 2015?
– I’ve actually been pretty lucky and read lots of great books this year. I don’t think I’ve given anything below 3.5 stars so I haven’t hated anything this year. I did start to read The Body Electric by Beth Revis however a few months ago, after LOVING the Across the Universe Trilogy. The Body Electric is supposed to be a spin-off-type book for that trilogy, but I just couldn’t get into it. My copy had so many typos, and the main character had gotten on my nerves by about chapter 2. So I don’t think it’s likely that I will finish that one.
7. Standalone, trilogy, or longer series?
– While I do love a book that wraps its story up within itself, with a satisfying conclusion, and no more money to be spent on future sequels, I love the fact that a trilogy or series means I can spend longer in a world, and longer with characters. It also opens up to more opportunity for greater character development and developing backstories and side-stories. Out of a trilogy and series I would probably say a trilogy, because 3 is often just enough for all of this, and 3 books (that match) look very pretty together on a bookshelf.
8. Which book are you always recommending to others?
– At the moment it is A Court of Thorns and Roses, which I have literally been telling everyone about. I’ve been pushing my sister to read it so much that I have put my copy next to her bed to force her to look at it and read it! (It hasn’t worked thus far!)
9. Which book or series really got you hooked on reading?
– I’ve always loved reading, but I only really started reading the volumes of books that I do now, after reading The Hunger Games. It was the book that really got me excited about reading, and after finishing I remember searching for as many YA dystopian books as I could!
10. If you had to set one bookish goal for yourself, what would it be?
– I have actually made sure not to set concrete goals with how many books or what types of books I want to read this year, so that I can just focus on reading what I want and what is fun. But in the bigger picture, I would love to be able to say that I’ve read all of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s books.
11. Why did you start blogging?
– It’s something I’ve wanted to do for a long time, but have always put off because I’m not very good at technology and ICT (the only reason I passed my IT BTEC at school was because my teacher made step-by-step videos of exactly what to do and how to do it!!). But I really wanted to talk about the books I read, and find people who I can talk about books with, so after watching numerous youtube videos, I just about worked out the basics of managing a blog and have pushed past that barrier!
Now, 11 Random Facts about me…
1) I am about to start a History degree in September.
2) I like most genres of music, but some of my favourite artists are Florence and the Machine, The xx, Camera Obscura, The Beach Boys, Simply Red and Darren Hayes (varied, I know!).
3) My favourite film is Midnight in Paris.
4) My favourite TV show is Once Upon a Time.
5) I would always choose physical books over e-books.
6) I always say I don’t like e-readers but I have read my first 2 books on my iPad this year and actually found it quite nice to read on. (I still want a large book collection though, so physical books it is.)
7) I really don’t like horror. It’s just too… scary!
8) I have OCD and struggle through it every day.
9) I would love to live in Paris.
10) I hope to be a published author in the future.
11) I love maps! I have one of Paris on my wall at the moment. Maps in books are the best!
Not anywhere near 11, but still a great group of bloggers.
calliope the book goddess
Questions for my nominees …
1) Favourite book of 2015 so far?
2) If you could live in any world from any book, where would you choose?
3) Can you read while listening to music?
4) If you were to have a bookish tea party, which 3 authors would you invite and why?
5) Do you have a go-to genre?
6) What is a book you would recommend to anyone?
7) What is your favourite childhood book?
8) Favourite book to movie adaptation?
9) A hyped book that you loved?
10) A hyped book that you didn’t like?
11) Why did you start blogging?